Monday, October 31, 2011

Dad's anniversary was actually a positive experience!


Kato and Green Hornet!


The Green Hornet
Well, I think I'm going to try and get back to blogging at this site again. Because after all, wouldn't the life behind "The Skewed Review" be worth telling?

Psycho leather freak
Perhaps not, but I think I'll tell it anyway.

Rustum and I just finished another successful Halloween night. I love that we go all out. Some people were even afraid to venture into our garage-turned-house of horrors. We gave candy to everyone--even the teenagers who were dressed as nothing. But I warned them if they return next year, then they'll have to have legitimate costumes.

Edwina Scissorhands@
Hopefully I can continue this trend of updating just my life.


On a more serious note, yesterday was the anniversary ofthe day I found my father dead inhis bed. I spent almost the entire day with my mom. She and I reminisced, made plans, talked about spirituality, talked about Dad, and most importantly, we solidified the first real steps to a goal my mom has been hoping to achieve for some time now.

The Skin Collector
She has wanted to put together a non-profit organization called A.H.A. I can't remember what the acronym stands for, but it's a wonderful idea. She want to raise money to help no one singular cause, but rather to various causes of differing degrees.

We successfully purchased her new domain address and established an email account for her. When the website is up and running, it can be found at www.yourAHAmoment.org. You can start sending her emails now at founder@yourAHAmoment.org.

The Green Hornet!
I would suggest you all take a moment out of your life and send a simple email to my mom. Find out the details of her organization, and hopefully you can offer some sort of help--no matter how small.

Essentially, we turned what could have easily been a depressing day into a day of beginnings. My mom is on her way to accomplishing a life goal she's had for some time now. I truly look up to her for her selflessness.

Russ and I partying it up at Equality Utah's Intensive Scare Utah!

No comments: