Friday, March 27, 2009

A Slobbering Love Affair

For anyone who doubted I could read a book I'd like... here you go... I give to you "A Slobbering Love Affair; The True (and Pathetic) Story of the Torrid Romance Between Barack Obama and the Mainstream Media."

The thing I love about Bernie Goldberg is that he's very funny, and uses plenty of easy words. (It must be why I enjoyed the read so much!)



I had read Ann Coulter's book, "Guilty" just before starting this book, and she was very entertaining, and funny, but I'm sure her book would have been much more entertaining and funny had I been smarter. She uses a lot of big words that I didn't really understand! I started to look up the words as I came upon them, but found I couldn't keep stopping every few paragraphs to look up the definition of some word.



So I guess that's why I enjoyed "Slobbering Love Affair" so much. It was an easy read, and very very funny. Mr. Goldberg points out all the hypocrisy of the media, and just makes them look like idiots. It's amazing the truths he points out. I'm not a Republican (nor am I a Democrat) but I really find the stuff that these conservative powerhouses write to be really fascinating. This book goes on my list of MUST READS!


OKAY, WATCHMEN. I went to see this movie on the day it was released. It was based on the Comic Book written by Alan Moore, who incidentally, refused all the royalties from the movie. But Mr. Moore should be proud, because his comics also transfer over beautifully to the big screen! (Remember "V for Vendetta?") This movie was AWESOME! I wish I had my blog set up on the day the movie came out, because I would have been raving about this film from the moment I left the theater. It was visually stunning, and had a great plot. It is, however, a hard R. The movie was directed by Zack Snyder, who also directed "300." It's definitely a big screen movie!




And finally, I saw "Knowing" on it's opening night, and I found it quite entertaining. I don't want to spoil anything about the movie for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. It has some pretty good special effects, and you'll lose a lot of the power of the movie if you don't see it on the big screen. I would say go see it in the theater!! I'm going again tonight with my Mom!!

No comments: